Friday, January 20, 2017

Reading Options

One storybook that I am interested in reading are the Buddhism and Hinduism stories in Week 4 and 5. I have always been interested in Buddhism, so I am looking forward to learning more about that. It will be interesting to learn the stories behind Buddhism and where some of the beliefs stem from.

Image result for buddha
Buddhism artwork 
Source: Third Monk

The other two groups of stories I am excited to read about are the Grimm Brothers and the Hans Christian Anderson stories in the European unit in Weeks 13 and 14. I have always been fascinated with the Grimm brother's stories. I loved the movie and I had a book with a collection of their stories. Even though I had the books, I never had the chance to sit down and read them all. Hopefully this will give me the chance to do so. 

As I mentioned before, I am slightly obsessed with Disney and I've always been interested in the original versions of the stories. I am excited to read about how they differ from the fairy tale version we all know. I've heard they are more intense and gruesome than the Disney versions, but it will be intriguing to see the resemblance between them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment