Friday, May 5, 2017

Week 15 Review - Walpurgis Night


While reviewing the announcements to see what would capture my attention, I stumbled upon Walpurgis Night. I thought this was a really cool event. I love bonfires. They're something I have always enjoyed doing with friends and family. When I was younger, my grandparents owned about 10 acres of land. Of course, a majority of it was woods, so they would gather giant piles and save them for July 4th. Occasionally, if there was a large quantity of brush, they might burn it another time or two. Every time it was time to burn, the entire family would get together and we would have a cook out and make s'mores. It was one of my favorite things to do. 

Though this event has other motivations, it's still something that would be fascinating to attend. I mean, if it's in Harry Potter, it's worth a shot. One thing I do find interesting is that it is used in order to fence off witches. It's something used across a lot of countries, so witches must be a serious problem over there (LOL). Maybe one day I can go visit and see what it is really like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment