Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 14 - Learning Challenge: Attention Meme


I can relate to this meme so much. I have such a hard with procrastinating when I have a bunch to do. Facebook is the worst form of distraction. When I was a freshman in college, I had an app on my phone that wouldn't allow me to use my phone for an amount of time that I chose. I wish I had something like that for my computer, but unfortunately I don't have a macbook. Now, I do about thirty minutes of work, then I browse Facebook or Reddit for a few minutes before getting back into my work. If I don't distract myself with Facebook for a few minutes, I will just sit there panicking about how much I have to do or I just stare blankly at my computer screen. Sometime distractions are good. It's when you get distracted for too long, that becomes a problem.  

1 comment:

  1. I agree, distractions can be good if used properly; such as using them as breaks from a busy and hectic work schedule. I find setting a timer for how long to work and break is helpful. But for myself, my work environment is one of the biggest contributing factors for my success.

    ReplyDelete