Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 8 Reflections


1) Reading:
-So far, I have enjoyed all the stories that I have read for our assignments. Some of them that I have looked over, weren't for me but eventually I found something that I enjoyed and really got interested in. The story I enjoyed the most was the story about Cupid and Psyche. In the beginning, it was hard to follow, but eventually I got the hang of it and understood what was happening. Due to such a hectic start to the semester, I have yet to find a good time/place to do my readings. Most of the time I do them during the grace period, or late at night when I'm done with work or other assignments.
-I think my reading notes do a good job about leading me into the story I want to write. I try to be detailed in my notes, that way once I get to my writing I have enough there to remind me where I wanted to go with that story.

2) Writing:
-I am happy with my writing thus far. The last couple weeks I have hit a writers block, so I haven't been able to get my thoughts out on paper, or growing my stories from my notes. I have the thoughts, but I don't have much else. Sometimes I feel like I do a great job creating the imagery for my stories, as well as creating a good story that captures the readers' attention. Other times I feel like I have a story, but I'm missing things that could enhance it, or the thoughts I have about the story aren't being translated to the readers.
-Over the next couple months, I really want to attempt some of the other writing styles. Until now, I've been doing the same thing, but I think it would be interesting to try something else and see where that takes me. I'm just concerned I will have a hard time hitting the word count requirement.

3) Connecting:
-The thing I admire most about other peoples' stories are the different scenarios that every comes up with. We might have read the same story, but theirs turns out completely different than mine. It's always interesting to see the different stories that come from one story. There are some stories that I have read that didn't make a whole lot of sense. I had a really hard time following what they were trying to convey. I really hope that when others read my stories, they are able to read it without any problems or concerns. Even though we all make mistakes, I hope there aren't so many that it makes it hard to understand the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment